What is Global Education?
Working with teachers, we bring the global dimension into the classroom, developing active, global citizens.
Key to this work is promoting creative and critical thinking about the world we share and the social, political and environmental forces that shape the lives of people around the world, and how to explore these in the classroom.
- Teacher training
- Support on bringing global education into the curriculum
- Access to our specialist teachers’ resource centre with a wealth of children’s books, curriculum support packs and artefact collections
- Local Teacher network
Global education explores these key themes:
Diversity and Identity | Human Rights | Interdependence | Sustainability | Social Justice | Peace and Conflict
- Encourage pupils to become active global citizens and explore The Global Goals.
- Give them the confidence to challenge stereotypical thinking.
- Influence your school’s worldview and link global education to the curriculum.
18 Hours is part of CoDEC (The national consortium of Development Education Centres)