We’re recruiting two Office Support and Assistant Event Producers for six month Kickstart job placements.
Expected start date 21 June 2021
Apply at the Job Centre
About the job
You’ll support the event production team with the delivery of successful arts and cultural events in line with current Covid 19 guidelines.
There will be a wide range of administrative duties including event planning, event coordination, event promotion (e.g. updating websites, social media, online listings, printed promotional materials, newsletters etc), updating artist and audience databases, helping produce funding applications, event evaluation and reporting, attending meetings and events.
The role will also include 18Hours’ work as the Development Education Centre for East Sussex, providing training and resources to help local schools and teachers to integrate Global Education (sustainability, cultural diversity, equality, social justice, interdependence) into the curriculum. This will involve liaising with schools and teachers, compiling case studies and feedback, promoting courses and monitoring library use.
18 Hours is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants (where our facilities allow) and value the positive impact difference has on our teams.
How we’ll support you
The role will provide ample opportunity to develop problem solving and team working in a constructive, nurturing work environment.
- Initial planning session with at the outset of your placement to understand your ambitions and set a work plan that ensures you gain the experience that supports these.
- Weekly team meetings to provide feedback and constructive discussion about all ongoing projects and review each team member’s role. In these meetings we look at how all employees can get more from their job, achieve their goals and improve performance.
- Scheduled one-to-one sessions with your allocated 18 Hours mentor to review and shape your individual experience.
- Where appropriate, we will use our extensive network of business and events contacts to help unlock ongoing opportunities for you.
- We will work with you to prepare your profile for ongoing employment, including CV development and interview preparation.
- We will provide you with a certificate outlining the work you
have carried out and the skills they have developed.
- We can provide references at the end of your employment with 18 Hours.